Monday, June 4, 2012

Cotton Candy Princess Purse

My daughter asked me for a new purse, so I let her pick the colors and I made her something with ruffles like she asked. I thought I would share the pattern I made for it. :)




Bag

Round 1: Chain 26 (Or longer if you want your bag longer, just make sure to keep the 3SC in the last sts.). 1 SC in each st across. 3 SC in last st. 1 SC in next 24 on opposite side. 3 SC in last st. Slst to first SC. (54)
Round 2: Ch 1. 1 SC in next 24, 2 SC in next, 1 SC in next, 2 SC in next, 1 SC in next 24, 2 SC, 1 SC, 2 SC, slst to first SC. (58)
Round 3-14: Ch 2, DC in first ST and in each ST around. (58)
Round 15: Ch1, SC in first ST and in each ST around. FO and weave in ends. (58)
Round 16: With your CC**IN FLO TO CREATE THE RUFFLE AROUND THE BAG**
Slst CC into first loop, *[slst in next, slst in next, sc in same, 2 hdc in same, dc in same, tc in same, dc in sane, 2 hdc in same, sc in sme, slst in same, slst in next.]* repeat around, join, FO and weave in ends.

Handles

Make 2. Leave long end for sewing onto the bag.
Row 1: Ch 31, sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across.
Row 2: Ch1, turn, sc in first st and in each across. FO, leave long end for sewing.
Sew ends of handles to the bag on each side so they are in the center. Use the picture for reference.

2 comments: